Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take Home Tests

I just don't get the whole concept of take home tests. I'm older than the other students so I was raised in the era of you do the work or you fail. Period. But the last two tests we had were take home. I wish I would have known earlier so I could have saved myself the hours of studying until 1 or 2 a.m., but at least I know the material and not just the answers. The thing that pisses me off the most about these two test are the fact that they will, in my opinion, artificially inflate my opponents, I mean classmates, grade point averages. I have the highest grade point because I work for it. It's my way of keeping score. And now they get to close the gap with take home tests. It's like were all running the marathon and they get to take a damn taxi for a couple of miles. It means nothing in the long run, I'll know more for the National test, but it still pisses me off.

No comments: